Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 6: Too Soon

Polenta Nachos
Welcome to day 6.  Do you know what you should not do on day 6?  You should not be so proud of your self for sticking so well to your diet that you go and try something other than your fat pants on.  Doing this is an incredibly bad idea because you will now feel twice as fat as you did when you started.  Boo.  And then I scrolled through some old pictures then had been posted on face book.  I'm not sure if it is inspiring or depressing that I saw a bunch of pictures from when I had lost a bunch of weight.  They made me want to kick myself in the a$$ for letting it come back, but it was nice to see what I had accomplished before and can accomplish again.  I wish that I could accomplish it all in one month before the girls' weekend!!!

I am still proud of myself for sticking to it for 5-1/3 days so far because I am not anywhere near wanting to give up or stop.  So yea.  The other cool thing is that I have found a way to come up with some filling, NOT disgusting meals.  I wasn't sure what to do last night when I got home.  I had saved points for a slice, but I got home late, so I fended for myself.  I had a tube of polenta, so I sliced it up, realized that I had enough points for the whole non-fat thing, and fried it up (in Pam).  Then I started thinking it might taste good with my guac...BUT I didn't want to kill the no fat thing, so I made my guac without the avocado (aka - I made salsa).  Cilantro, plum tomato, scallions, some lime, salt and voila.  It was actually delicious!  I'm not a cooking blog, so I will leave that up to the pros normally.  But this time I had to share.

I'll try to come up with some more interesting things to say in the next few days, but this has turned into a little bit of my own motivation - if I put it out there, it is public.  And people will be waiting to see if I succeed or not.  Of course it isn't like I've actually jumped the shark and advertised that I'm posting.  These are silent posts for now.  For me and anyone who happens to accidentally fall upon it through Google.

2 comments:

  1. Get the 'My Fitness Pal' app for your phone. When I did the weight-loss contest last year, I got rid of 25 unwanted pounds! Sadly, some have come back and decided to make it harder to say goodbye, but I'm trying. The app has all sorts of brand names with all of the nutritional info and calories, and calculates how many each day you have left. It also takes into account any exercise you might do... yes, even simple walking. Hang in there! And what happened to that bike? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In diet world, 5 1/2 days is like three years, so you did awesome. You are a better woman than me (notice I did not say you are a bigger woman than me?) I can not last more than two days on a diet.

    ReplyDelete