Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 2, I'm Friggin' Starving


Hi - It's me again with a two day in a row post extravaganza.  Today is the second day of my diet and cramp combo.  Above you will see the colorful yet ridiculously tasteless meal that filled me up (ish) 4-1/2 hours ago.  Based on my diligently increased intake of water, I probably peed this out 3 hours ago.  I am friggin' starving now.  Tea has not staved it off.  Water has not stopped it.  But alas, I have been super hard on myself today, and have only consumed 6 Weight Watcher's points.  That leaves me...with a lot that can still be used today.  If I told you how many points I might as well take a picture of the scale while I'm standing on it.  You would know too much.  And we all know that after 2 days, I am nowhere near willing to step on a scale. I will visit the scale when I can wear my old fat pants and they start feeling loose.  Talk to me in two months.  So, if you say that, then I am 1/30 of the way there - to being willing to weigh myself - not to my goal you silly people.  That takes about 4 months (from experience). 

I know that I could jumpstart the whole thing if I was willing to walk a bit or go to the basement and jump on the treadmill.  Or basically do anything to rip myself away from Candy Crush or playing the Wii with my boys in the evening.  But I'm not that kind of girl.  I was that kind of girl a long time ago when I went to the work gym every day at 5:30am.  I hit milestones there - was able to jog for 2 miles for the first time in my life (well I did it once).  I pressed the ENTIRE stack of weights on the leg press (I swear it was 400lbs - no joke).  I was so proud of myself!  And then came a day when everyone started telling me how much of their BMI they had lost.  There were some huge percentages!  And these were from my healthy friends.  So I had them retest my BMI.  -1%.  I burst into tears and never went to the gym again.  Well, I might have gone a couple more times until I messed up my knee playing volleyball.  When I was in PT for that knee, I was building up to 80 pounds on the leg press.  That was it.  I was done.

So, I'll leave you for now.  Because I have to pee for the 407th time today.  And then I will serve my lovely family the awwwwwesome leftover lasagna that I made Saturday.  While I silently resent them.

No comments:

Post a Comment