Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 3, YEA! I Found my Old Bin of Fat(ter) Pants!

Me again.  Woah, 3 posts in 3 days!  It is still morning, so one would think I couldn't have much to say yet, but those are the ones who don't know me.  I alwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyssss have something to say.

Last night, as I was starving on the way home and planning to serve my beloved family the yummy lasagna leftovers, I was trying to think of what the heck I was going to eat.  I had a lot of points leftover and could very well have had a smart sized slice of my lasagna.  But portion size has always been part of my dilemma.  If I start, I will not stop, and smart sized would turn into super sized and that would be bad.  I would rather have a LOT of something that is less appealing than a little of something that I can't get enough of.  So, I thought back to the resource that I had used a few years ago to drop a bunch of weight.  Hungry Girl.  I am not (yet) paid to endorse anything, so this is from my heart.  I love that website.  They are the ones that introduced me to Shirataki noodles, Laughing Cow (light) cheese, and turnip fries.  Now, you might not be jumping up and down looking at that list, but let me tell you, it is great.

Shirataki noodles have very little taste on their own, but once you combine them with a couple of ingredients, they take on that flavor and are quite filling.  And get this - don't quote me, but a whole bag of them equate to like 1 Weight Watcher point.  When you throw them in a pot with a couple of wedges of Laughing Cow light cheese and a package of Smart Strips steak style strips (or chicken style), you have a creamy steak and noodle dinner that fills a large plate, looks and tastes like meat and pasta but is really a pile of veggies with some cheese.  6 points.  And you stay full for > 30 minutes!!  So that was my dinner last night.  Oh, and did I mention that it takes <10 minutes to make?  Yeah.  Quick, easy, tasty, 6 points.  Win.

I don't know if I got hungry later or if I just wanted to munch, but since I had only used 12 points between breakfast, lunch and dinner, I had an apple with 3 TBS of peanut butter.  The peanut butter was a costly 8 points, but I had it to use and did.  And you know what?  When I woke up this morning I was not starving. 

So, day 3 started out good.  Even better was that I ventured into the room full of bins.  The bins of "every size and shape I have been in the last 10 years."  And I found the bin I was looking for.  The clothes that I wore before launching a successful WW diet campaign a few years ago.  Not only does this mean that my wardrobe has expanded a little and that I can put my credit card away.  But it means that I didn't get any bigger than I was THAT time.  Small victories.  I hope to be tucking everything back into that bin in a month, but for now it made me happy.

Talk to you soon, but for today, I am hopeful again...not very funny at all (sorry), but hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment