Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rock Stars I Have Not Met - Part II

I have not met Whitesnake, but that was a near miss.  Thanks to a faulty radio tower or something resembling that and a friend who worked at the station, I found myself with box seats to the Superbowl of whiteness...White snake, White Lion and Great White.  We jumped in the power prize van and after driving about 20 miles past the thruway exit, and getting pulled over for speeding, we were back on our way.  Freaking about how late we were as we exited at the packed toll booth, we had the misfortune of getting behind a bus.  But alas, our fortune was good...the police directing traffic waved the bus ahead of the crowds and then did the same for us.  Holy shit, we were behind the friggin' tour bus.  We were going to work it to the end.  We followed the bus through the front gates after explaining we were with the bus.  By the time we got to the backstage gate we merely pointed at the bus and were let through.  We watched David Coverdale and Tawny Kitain step out of the bus.  I think I had female wood from that alone.   We parked and presented our box tickets to security.  He was not convinced and went for a consult.  He returned and we got the golden ticket to the chocolate factory.  Backstage baby!!!  Unfortunately after about 5 minutes, someone smarter than both of them came over and sent our asses packing.  But we were that close.

Later that summer I returned to the scene of the crime on time, with general admission tickets and no radio station van to back me.  It was there that I did not meet Def Leppard.  However it was memorable due to rain so hard that we saw Noah and a bunch of animals float by.  It washed my friend's contacts right out of her head.  By the time we returned to the car, I could no longer stand my wet denim mini and my blind friend couldn't take the top layer of tank top she was wearing.  So, off they came in the car.  It was then, as I sat bottomless and she with nipples poking through soaking wet second tank, that scary boys came to the window to ask us to a party.  Why of course we would love to go if we can ever get out of this parking lot!!  And with that, a traffic cop was born.  He immediately directed cars to halt, causing a parking lot accident that gave Us just enough room to flee the scene for dryer, less creepy pastures.

No comments:

Post a Comment