Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rock Stars I Have Not Met - Part I

While technically, "Rock Stars I Have Not Met" could be an exceedingly long topic, taking years to list out, these are special.  These are rock stars that I have not met, yet I think I have an interesting story about not having met them.

I will start with Mr. Rock of Love Bus himself.  I have not met anyone from the band Poison, but two or three of my shit faced sorority sisters have.  One night while I was home at the sorority house nursing an ankle injury (which I'm sure was caused by tripping on the library stairs and not in a pot hole in front of a bar while on my way to pee in McDonalds where the lines were shorter), they blasted into my room to tell me that hey, guess what, they just hung out with Bret friggin' Michaels.  They were happy to tell him about me and how much I loved him, but what the bitches were not able to do is drop a damn quarter in the f-ing pay phone (under 30's should wikipedia pay phone here) to tell me to get my ass down to the bar.  Not that I would have let him out of my sight if I were in their shoes, but dammit I loved him, not them!!  I mean who was CC in our friggin' airband for Sigma Chi Derby Days?  ME! That's who!  So they hung out with Bret.  One of them even asked him if "he liked girl scouts (giggle giggle) we mean the shot, not actual girl scouts (hee hee)."  And they then proceeded to do girl scout shots with him, whatever the hell those are.  This was obviously early in his career as it sounded as though he spent some good quality time with them and NOT ONE of them had "surgical enhancements."  The three of them are alive to this day only because I could not crutch across the room fast enough to beat them to death before the giggled their way back out.

Tomorrow we will discuss how I have not met Whitesnake.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! If only you didn't want to be like your little sister who was already on crutches. You couldn't stand it that the cute boys at 44's would give her their seat so you needed some crutches of your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I desperately wanted to sleep on a futon with my roomie for a month and hit Daytona on crutches!! For the record I still like my sorority sisters even if they did meet Bret without me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This had me giggling all the way through. And thank you Liz for letting Susan and I live. The next time I meet a rock star I will make sure you are around!

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that you were one of the readers!!! Bitch! LOL!

    ReplyDelete